Monday, October 5, 2009

Another day, another declutter

I've been de-cluttering the laundry room, and by laundry room I mean basement room almost the half the size of the house. I actually had a real person, as opposed to my imaginary staff, help me. Rick and I spent time for the past three days re-piling and tossing things out. And I only pulled one thing back out of the trash. So now we have a mountain of clothes and blankets to wash, a mountain of toys and camping gear and a corner we can't get to quite yet because toy and camping gear mountain are blocking access. We've sorted, tossed and washed and we even painted part of one wall. After the second coat, and cleaning off a set of metal shelves, we will be ready for the camping gear to find a permanent home. We are washing an extra load every day, hoping to lower the elevation of Things To Wash Mountain. That will leave us with Toy Mountain and a few other odds and ends to wrap up Phase II. Phase I has been done for several years, but no additional progress has been made until this past weekend. For anyone with hoarding issues, progress can be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment