Monday, October 26, 2009

Livings in Ambiguity

It's wonderful to KNOW. However, most of the time,we have no idea. I am attempting to make peace with living in ambiguity. Expecially since I have no choice. There are things I just don't know. For instance, when will my knees get "better"? Will I need further surgery? Again, no one seems to know. Will I find a "sponsor"?. You know....those institutions who pay you for making appearances.....quite often Monday - Friday from 9:00 to 5:00. Will I get my writing skill back?.....the medication I'm taking seems to have dulled my verbal skills. Will I ever get my pictures hung on the wall?

In addition to complaining about my inabitiy to predict the future, I am back on my training schedule for the metaphorical tour de France. I am back at the gym and I am committing to 3 hours of some form of "deskwork" every day for 6 days. Since the entire dining room, including dining room table expanded with both leaves, and all chairs, a few snack tables have morphed into my "desk", I have some leeway regarding what counts as "deskwork". My real desk has a collapsed rolltop and at the moment is unuseable.

Rest of the house update: the laundry room has been cleared out and phase II is complete. Amazing.

Back to ambiguity. The lesson to be learned is to enjoy the day, in spite of not knowing. There really is no other choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment