Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Up at 3:00 a.m.

I guess maybe I should consider adding insomnia to my list of issues.

Nevertheless, on the hoarding front, I have taken the pre-test and the post-test and the degree of my hoarding problem changed from Severe to Moderate. Obviously, if you were looking at my environment, I still have a bit of a clutter problem, but I have worked on it sucessfully. I painted the laundry room wall a second coat last night and now we are ready to put the shelves back against the wall and start tackling the mountains of stuff......specifically, Stuff to Wash and Camping and Outdoor gear, and I still have a few boxes to go through before we can tackle the organization of toys and tools. The big news is what HAS been accomplished. Trash out, things discarded, sorted, and washed.

For those of you without an imaginary staff and a sports psychology wing added to your house or apartment and with a hoarding problem, I recommend any of the following books by my staff.
  • Overcoming Compulsive Hoarding (Neziroglu, Bubrick, Yaryara-Tobias, Perkins)
  • Buried in Treasures (Tolin, Frost, Steketee)
  • Compulsive Hoarding and Acquiring Workbook (Steketee, Frost)
  • Compulsive Hoarding and Acquiring Therapist Guide (Stekett, Frost)

Of course, it is better to have the team living in a wing of your house, on call 24-7, but if you can't arrange that, the books are an adequate substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment