Friday, August 7, 2009

Detox Day 1

Adele: Adele moved into the nutrition wing of the house and brought two of her team with her. Nice women but very serious about health. I'm sure they are appalled at the state of my nutritional intake.

Delia Quigley and Christine Green are detox experts. Delia wrote The Complete Idiot's Guide to Detoxing Your Body and Christine wrote The 28 Day Plan Detox. Christine's book sells in America at JoAnn Fabrics in the $1.00 bin. If you have a 40% off coupon, you can pick up this small book for only 60 cents.

According to Delia and others, our organs work hard to filter out the junk we feed our bodies and the toxins we expose our bodies to not only in the foods we eat, but in our environment. Therefore, the part of my nutrition team who have arrived, strongly suggested detoxing as the beginning of my nutritional training. Just a note of caution. There are detox programs and there are detox programs. If you want to detox, hire a staff of experts as I have. Since the best experts are committed to my training program, you may have to purchase their books. Use your common sense. A three week detox program of eating only grapefruit and drinking only grapefruit juice is not going to provide proper nutrition. As I said, use your common sense.

Yesterday I went to my local grocery store and to my local health food store. I suggested to both Johan and Adele that we hire someone to shop and two or three people to cook for me. Request denied. This training program is getting tough. Shopping and preparing food? To inspire me I am watching a segment of the 2004 Tour rerun on Vs. that I taped in July. If the cyclists can make it to the top of the mountain, I can figure out the grocery store, the stove top, and the chopping board. I'm in training for Le Tour. I knew it wasn't going to be easy.

Week one of Delia's detox requires eliminating certain foods and replacing them with healthier choices, adding supplements, and drinking plenty of water. Some say you should have an ounce of water EVERY DAY for each 2 pounds of body weight. If that isn't motivation to lose weight, I'm not sure what is. There does seem to be some newer research that suggests all this isn't necessary. Therefore, I will aim toward the big goal, but will not worry if I come up a little short.

Water, supplements, good food. How hard could that be, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment