Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Personal Trainer

Nutrition: I have decided to modify my 5 week detox. I keep forgetting things so I'm going for progress not perfection. I was halfway through a restaurant salad yesterday and realized that I was eating feta cheese....which is a dairy product. Other than that I have kept off dairy and I hate to admit this but my mood has improved. I'm not sure I'm so happy about this. Gee, should I be hoping to be depressed?

I have hired a personal trainer. His name is Sven. He's good friends with Oprah's personal trainer as well as all the people whose pictures appear on all those books exhorting the public to get fit. Just found out that BOTH my knees have a torn meniscus. Went to the physical therapist yesterday. His name is also Sven. Went to the sports' medicine doctor today. His name is Dr. Sven. Of course, we had the 3000 member crew of Extreme Home Makeover add the physical therapy, and sports training wing to the house, complete with apartment for Sven. Took them 4 hours and 7 minutes. Sven has been my imaginary personal trainer for many years and quite frankly he has been rather inconsistent. He's a wonderful motivator for a few days then he gives me "the look", raises both eyebrows quickly, and in a stage whisper says, "You remember that there are Girl Scout cookies in the freezer don't you?" But he's so cute and adorable, I keep hiring him back. He has impeccable taste in everything. Probably because he is gay.

Dr. Sven thought detoxing periodically was a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment