Friday, August 14, 2009

Metaphorical Leadville 100

The Leadville 100 is a bike race in Colorado that Lance is racing in tomorrow. Not to sound too competitive but I have finished my metaphorical Leadville 100 a day BEFORE Lance's ride. I do think he has a better shot at the yellow jersey in 2010; all I'm saying is that regarding the Leadville 100, both real and metaphorical, I finished first.

To create my metaphorical Leadville 100, I had to come up with something difficult, but not as difficult as the 2500 mile Tour de France. For 50 minutes (half of 100) I perused an actual cookbook. I used The New Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Kagzen. All vegetarian. I looked for recipies without wheat, dairy, or sugar. I also made a grocery list so I can prepare Gazpacho. This may not seem like a Leadville 100 worthy eventl, but keep in mind, that my cooking is limited to oatmeal and scrambled eggs. So thinking about making gazpacho is a big deal. I did make gazpacho once over 25 years ago. I served it to guests but I had not taken it out of the freezer in time, and so it was rather crunchy. Crunchy is not so great when it's a characteristic of a soup.

Anyway, I finished the Leadville 100. A solid 50 minutes with no distrations. I'm now waiting for confirmation that I did not use illegal means to enhance my performance.....followed by the podium ceremony, and then of course, the media interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment