Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stage 4. I'm tired.

I'm so tired, I'm getting the stages mixed up. Today, I finished and won Stage 4. Six point five hours of organizing and cleaning my house. I'm tired and I'm not sure what to do next for tomorrow's 7 1/2 hours. But this is the point of doing the tour. I am tired and it would be very easy for me to say, I've done a lot, now, let me rest. It would be especially easy because the metaphorical tour is not televised, not even on local access. I only have two followers and both know me well and know that it is more likely that I quit than go on. Then I remember why I wanted to do this. I wanted to put as much effort into something that the cyclists do during a tour. Effort is tiring. And often not as much fun as not making the effort. Effort brings results. I have three more days in the tour. One day at a time.

One thing not to forget is that my metaphorical tour is not just about the bike or about organizing. It's about getting healthy, getting rid of depression and anxiety, and developing a creative outlet. It's about a balance of things. As soon as this tour de Missouri is over, I'm heading back toward balance.

1 comment:

  1. Balance is good. Especially while riding a road bike at high speed in heavy traffic.

    ReplyDelete