Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Training Resumed

My most sincere apologies for not being with you for such a long time. First THIS happened and then THAT happened and on top of everything else, I had no computer. Let me explain. Our household technically has three computers. One desktop and two laptops. The desktop totally fried and I was getting it repaired by my new computer guru who is also the younger brother of my friend Stephanie. Since two other laptops existed, there was no rush on the desktop computer. Alas, my favorite, (and only), daughter fell into her laptop in the dark. Don't ask, she is of that age without a fully developed prefrontal cortex. (Under 25). The arrangements for this rather expensive repair were that Dell would send a box and we would simply return the laptop in the box and hope that it was returned to our happy home before my favorite daughter went off to college. Wouldn't you know it, we didn't notice the box until a day or so after it arrived, which made it a little damp from the humidity caused by rain, even though it was under the roof of our front porch. As we were letting the box dry totally, one of our seven dogs ATE THE RETURN LABEL. Well YOU try to get a duplicate return label from a huge international corporation. Let me tell you, it ain't for the frail or feint of heart. I ought to know because I read my husband's newspaper column about how difficult it was. Since the drama of the I-will-eat-anything-I-can-find dog destroyed all hope of a speedy return of the college bound laptop, I offered my laptop as a temporary substitute. Therefore, this household had zero computers. I got the desktop back from the computer guru who looked at me and said, "all you have to do is load your programs from the original disks" I looked at him and replied, "you don't know me very well, do you?" So, he took the couputer back and loaded windows. Like I would have ANY idea where disks were that came with the computer in 2003. The computer stayed in my car for a week until I had the time and the inclination to clean and declutter the computer desk so that I could hook everything back up. Did that over the Labor Day weekend. Get it? LABOR day, I was working. This morning I managed to find the Office disks AND the 25-digit Product Key number and reconnect to the internet and Ta Da.......here we are.

You will be pleased to know that I was deterred from training from my metaphorical Tour de France only during the time that THIS and THAT occured and not the entire time I was computerless. Johann and I are working diligently, as are my staff of dozens. We have had to add on an entire addtion to the house the approximate size of a Walmart superstore to house the sports psychology team, but Johann and I are serious about Le Tour.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, maybe I've re-acquired my memory for how to post. It's been too long. I'm glad to see you back on the training circuit!
    It's a shame you missed out on the '09 Tour d'Missouri. With the backing of an all-Ozark crowd, Johann's expertise, and your Team Kroger Organic Yogurt teammates, I think you would have a good shot at taking the yellow jersey away from that showboat Brit Cavendish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, i am in the Tour de Missouri even as I write. Details later

    ReplyDelete