Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Yellow Jersey is Mine!!

Forty Five Point Five hours of house hold tasks in 7 days. I didn't get much else accomplished, but I do have results that attest to my diligence. Both back bedrooms ready for company. The bear den (my craft room) actually a craft room, the hallway passable (as in "able to pass by"), the living room presentable, and bedroom better than before, and desk work started.

But as I mentioned, the yellow jersey in Le Tour de France requires a lot more than just organization. It's a whole balance of the things that sustain life and give us the ability to thrive.

It feels good to win and I assume everyone would rather be considered a winner rather than a loser. Part of the problem with that last statement is labeling. Just as winning one thing does not make you a winner for everything in life, not winning does not even come close to making someone a loser. Sometimes the better part of wisdom is to not even go for the all out "win". Sometimes the trade-off is not worth it. Sure, I won the Tour de Missouri, but in doing so, I neglected everything but my daily trip to the gym. Not really a good trade-off. Nevertheless, I won, and I paid a price.

Focus of the week ahead: nutrition and my depression workbooks. By the way, the workbooks help you get rid of depression, they are not guides for how to become depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment