Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tour de Missouri: Day 1

Some of you who follow ALL the news may think, What is she talking about? The Tour of Missouri started last week. Well, as far as I'm concerned, until I watch what I taped from the television, it does not exist. I intend to watch stage 1 today. And how convenient, it also occurs at the same time as my metaphorical Tour of Missouri. One of my issues appears to be that I am a hoarder. This is a subset of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and not just being a lazy slob. I have no doubt that I am also a lazy slob, but the hoarding apparently has a component that can be found in the DSM IV. The only difference in having OCD- Hoarding and being a lazy slob is that there are additional steps involved in de-cluttering if you have OCD. Medication is not prescribed and you still have to clean up. It's just 100 times harder for the hoarder than the non-hoarder and sometimes there are tears. Keep that in mind while reading the criteria for my metaphorical Tour. Two hours of de-cluttering in the back bedroom = finishing the stage. Thirty minutes of one, two, or three of the following rooms or project translates to a podium finish: Deskwork (i have years of unopened mail sitting around), the living room, the bedroom.

2 comments:

  1. "You just have to keep at it. I can think of no better way to piss off the French." --Lance Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best beware of Team Kentucky Fried Organic Chickens (aka The da Vinci Seven (+2 non geniuses)) who having deer hunted with Jesus and being presently engaged in the vigorous study of "The Family" with Coach Sharlet are claiming to be divinely "chosen" to wear the yellow!

    ReplyDelete