Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tour de France

I just watched (again) the last stage of the Tour that I had taped. It is amazing how those cyclists work as a team and put forth the effort to do what they do. I'm so inspired.



I am grateful for being blessed with my friends and my family and the concept of hope.



I bought a little book of quotes yesterday when I felt that I was experiencing a second chance, A New Leash on Life which of course has pictures of dogs and quotes......two of my favorite things. The following are from that book.



COURAGE: You gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next things that cones along. Eleanor Roosevelt



FRIENDSHIP: By friendship you mean that greatest love, the greatest usefulness, the most open communication, the noblest sufferings, the severest truth, the heartiest counsel and the greatest union of minds of which brave men and women are capable. Jeremy Taylor



GIFT: Live your life while you have it. Life is a splendid gift -- there is nothing small about it. Florence Nightingale



TO MY FRIENDS: if I planted a flower every time I thought of you I could walk in my garden forever. Author Unknown



AND LASTLY: Don't go through life, grow through life. Eric Butterworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment